Pages

Saturday 9 October 2010

Meerbrook Village Hall


Happy Birthday Wendy!

I have a little confession to make. I nearly made a terrible faux pas during the evening. After we had set up for the gig I noticed an artfully constructed pyramid of pretty cup cakes by the entrance. How considerate of Wendy and Maria to provide a little snack for their guests as they arrived I thought. Well you know how awkward that period between tea and supper can be, when only something sweet will do. I was about to help myself to one or three when I remembered that treacle sponge and custard was on offer later and so with heroic self control I refrained. I was very glad that I did because during the singing of Happy Birthday I realised that the pyramid was the birthday cake as it was ceremoniously brought into the hall for Wendy to blow out her candles. Sorry about that.

Anyway, moving swiftly on, here's Sylvia's dances for your Moody Food Dance Card:

Cock o' the North / 100 Pipers
Circle Mixer
Discouraging Waltz / Ragtime Annie
Siege at the OK Corral
Great Western
Southern Flavor
Old Swan Gallop
The Siege of Delhi / The Earl's Chair
Circle Waltz
Oxo Reel
Shebag an Shemor / Give me your Hand
Barndance
Strip the Willow
Circassian Circle
Happy Birthday Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Great night - what fun! Superb decorations and thoroughly lovely people! Happy Birthday Wendy. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was great that Maria went to such an effort to decorate the hall. The little pots of ivy were a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete